Mother Moon Service Fellow
Job Summary: The Mother Moon Service Fellow works with 8-10 of the area’s best high school students in conducting service projects in Black Hawk County. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Mother Moon Scholarship student program. The Mother Moon Service Fellow works with, and reports to, the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa Program Director.
About the Mother Moon Service Scholarship Program: The Mother Moon Service Scholarship is awarded annually to one junior from each Black Hawk County high school who has given of themselves through community service. Students are selected in the spring of their junior year, and then during their senior year, they serve on a committee to promote and participate in community service. The Mother Moon Fellow leads this committee.
Stipend earned: $1,500.00 scholarship paid directly to the college in two installments of $750 (in December and May)
Hours: Part-time flexible schedule
Timeline: This is a temporary position, September 2017 - May 2018
- College student (going into sophomore or junior year)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Competent computer skills and knowledge
- Preferred major in nonprofit management or youth service
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: To work with the Program Director and the Mother Moon Service Scholarship recipients (up to ten high school seniors representing schools in Black Hawk County) to complete the following projects:
- Direct two service projects with the MMSS recipients
- Coordinate presentation and student involvement at (and attend) the Mayors’ Top Teen Ceremony
- Work with the MMSS recipients to help promote applicants for next year’s scholarships
- Complete a special project
- Write a final report on the experience.
To apply for this position: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
Tom Wickersham, Program Director
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Click here to download a job description.
About the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa: The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is a nonprofit committed to creating long-term impact in 20 counties in Iowa. CFNEIA helps people establish permanent funds to support causes they care about and awards grants to organizations creating stronger, more vibrant communities across its region. CFNEIA has granted over $80 million since it was founded in 1956. CFNEIA is confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
CFNEIA is an equal opportunity employer.